Chief Executive Officer
Absa Bank Zambia Plc
Mizinga Melu is a Banking industry expert with over 20 years’ experience and has been at the helm of top banking organizations having worked in six African countries.
She is currently a Bank Chief Executive Officer and previously held various strategic regional roles that saw her being responsible for coordinating integrated planning across businesses outside South Africa.
Mizinga also held a number of roles at Standard Chartered Bank including: CEO of Standard Chartered Zambia, Global Head of Development Organizations in the UK and Africa Regional Head of Financial Institutions in both South Africa and Kenya.
Current Board Roles:
Mizinga currently serves as Non-Executive Director on the Museum for United Nations – UN Live Board.
She is a multi-award-winning business leader having been named frontier 100 CEO and is been a recipient of the following business awards:
- Author of a ≠1 international Bestseller book ‘Braving the Odds’
- 2020 Southern African Women in Leadership Trailblazers Award Winner
- 2020 Banking CEO of the year Zambia by Global Banking and Finance Magazine
- 2019 Banking CEO of the year Zambia by International Business Magazine
- 2017 Transformational Leadership Award
- The All Africa Business Woman of the Year Award 2013
- Nominated for the 2013 Southern Africa Business Woman of the year by Forbes Magazine and CNBC
- 2013 Leaders and Achievers Outstanding CEO performance by PMR – South Africa
- CEO of the Year across all industries by the Zambia Institute Chartered Accountants in 2013 Business Woman for the Year 2013 by Africa Business Leaders Awards (AABLA)
Mizinga holds a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) from Henley Management College in the UK, an Associateship of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (A.C.I.B) UK and she is a fellow of the Zambia Institute of Bankers.